We have been opening our yard for drop-in visits each Saturday in May since 2015. It's a great time to see irises in their "natural" state.
Viewing photos of blooms is an excellent way to see color and pattern options but they do not include the growth habit or foliage style that is an integral part of the plant.
We can still make appointments for visits during weekday evenings if the need or interest arises.
In preparation for your visit, please keep a few things in mind:
- Update: We will continue with in-garden sales in May, however you will be required to order and pay online with your personal device! Ordering before your visit is highly recommended.
- We are a home-based hobby business and do not have a public washroom available.
- There are stairs, narrow pathways. tight quarters and other visitors to navigate.
- You may see the same iris is several locations. We believe in redundancy to preserve availability as well as testing growth
and bloom habits under different growing conditions (full-sun or part-sun, level bed or sloped, etc.)
- Bloom times of the same hybrid can vary quite a bit between the front and back yard!
- With over 2000 iris plants, and many other unique or interesting landscape plants, something will be in bloom each Saturday!
- We will be honoring any physical distancing directives that may be active in May.
Bearded Iris: Miniature Dwarf, Standard Dwarf, Intermediate, Miniature Tall, Border and Tall
Beardless: Japanese, Siberian, Louisiana, Spuria, Species and Pacific Coast hybrid seedlings
and, of course, our specialty
Pacific Coast Iris!!
We love our local King and Pierce County Iris Society members, however we ask that our time and privacy be respected. Please do NOT drop
by for an impromptu visit during the week or on Sundays without making prior arrangements. Our neighbors may report suspicious
activity if we are not available to act a tour guides! And simply leaving a message is not considered an appointment; we need to verify that we're available for the visit.
May 6, 13, 20, 27 - 10:00am to 4:00pm
7051 S 126 Street, Seattle, 98178